Saturday, August 13, 2005

Life is short

Be passionate - Yes, strategies and processes are important. But personal passion, perseverance, risk taking, informed intuition and vision always trump process and conventional wisdom
Broaden your horizons - Avoid routine at all cost, push yourself to explore outside of your comfort zone.
Make connections - Innovation is all about seeing and exploiting connections and intersections of opportunities. See what's there, not just what you're looking for.
Work with people you like - Life is too short to put up with bullshit. The politics and backstabbing of my last corporate role challenged my values, but I chose to change my work rather than change my values. Work with people and clients you genuinely enjoy -- You'll be more creative and productive than you ever thought possible. I am.
Repeat... life is short. Thanks for sharing this - Mike Docherty.

No comments: